Tinman, Scarecrow, and Lion by Harmless Creatures:
Harmless Creatures started life in 2011 as two designers looking for a project to make us think and then along came The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. The story has little creatures, big creatures, beautiful creatures, strange creatures, wicked creatures and fierce creatures but we decided we were more like the harmless creatures.
This collection of costumes is our personal project and a labour of love. They were brought to life between different jobs and projects we were working on and are the result of much planning, many late nights and an awful lot of grid systems. Each costume took over 40 hours to create using unusual materials and techniques that you won’t see every day of the week.
The Scarecrow is made from rows and rows of hay, the Tin Man is made from hand shredded card and the Lion is made from 20cm strips of VHS tape. All are assembled like a suit of armour, protection against a world where everyone else has the brains, the heart or the courage.
- underworldmonkey reblogged this from superpunch2
- mortifiedandawesome reblogged this from superpunch2
- mortifiedandawesome likes this
- encyclopediaofwerds likes this
- postapocalypticfashion reblogged this from superpunch2
- sparksandardvarks likes this
- geekcubed likes this
- yasboogie likes this
- thefungusgods likes this
- recycledimages reblogged this from superpunch2
- dansai likes this
- colelovemonsters likes this
- hughbot likes this
- superpunch2 posted this